By Suneesh Sundar | October 21 , 2018 | 01

For widows and divorced women:

The government will grant a one-year residency visa extension without the need for a sponsor starting from the date of spouse’s death or divorce. The residency visa should also be valid at the time of death or divorce, and the children’s residency period does not exceed that of the mother.

The extension also covers the applicant’s children living in the U.A.E. Those who don’t have children can avail themselves of the extension.

For visitors and tourists:

Both visitors and tourists can apply for a new visa after the expiry of the first one without the need to leave the country.

Expatriates living in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries and those accompanying citizens of Gulf countries do not qualify. Special entry permits and 96-hour special mission entry visas are not included.

Each extension will be for 30 days. The 30-day extension can be availed of only twice.

For students:

Children sponsored by parents after completing their university or high school, or those turning 18 years of age, will be given a one-year residency visa that can be renewed for another year. Students should submit their attested academic certificates for high school or university and other supporting documents that show that they have studied in the U.A.E.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Saturday to Thursday from 8: 00 a.m. to 8: 00 p.m